Saturday, December 17, 2011

I Love Me Some Deals

Let's face it, I'm one of the best when it comes to getting a deal and saving money.  Here's my latest accomplishment...I went to Herberger's to try and find another gift for someone but I've come to realize, I just don't like the layout of a Herberger's store.  They pack the store so tightly with merchandise that it doesn't feel fun to shop there because I feel like I need to dig to find something, like a TJ Maxx store, which I hate.  I struck out with finding a gift for someone so I bought a few items for me.  Here's what I got:

A mug.  The price on the tag: $10. 


A flour sifter.  Price on the tag: $18


A set of 3 snowflake pins.  Price on the tag: $20


Now here's the only time where math is fun as an adult.  The mug was on sale for $3.75 and ended up being a door buster deal so it rang up at $2.50.  The flour sifter was 30% off  and the pins were 50% off.  I had a $10 free coupon if you spend $10 so I used that for the mug and the sifter.  Price paid for both: $5.47.   The pins were $10 after being on sale but with another free $10 coupon I had, I got them for free.  I literally exchanged the coupon for the pins.  No money changed hands for that transaction, which means I got all three items for a total of $5.47.   The mug is at work for tea, flour sifter will be used for baking and the pins are on a few of my winter jackets for display.  The picture does not do them justice of how shiny and sparkly they are. 

Have you found any good deals lately?

3 comments:

Kim Airhart said...

Awesome!!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Nice! When I am ready to start shopping again I will have to take you with me!

Ang said...

holy crap, that's awesome!

I follow Zoya nail polish on Twitter, and they've been having these flash promos - I've scored 2 of the deals, I'd have to sit and figure out how much I've benefited from it, but the stuff isn't cheap, so anything helps.
I also subscribe to twistband's emails - so I just got a 6 pack of those for free!