I love my cats but if there's other animals I love and care for it's my birds. Ok, they're not mine but I attract them to our yard.
I wanted to attract the beautiful Baltimore Oriole to our yard. I bought an oriole feeder and put it up on a Sunday. This was within the last days of May. Typically that's too late in the season already. You should have your oriole feeder up in April when they come back from migrating. If you can't attract them early in the season, you may not see them at all or even if you don't see them, keep trying for a couple of years and you might get them to come to your yard.
It was within 2 days that I saw an oriole. I couldn't believe it. I had never seen one before in real life and didn't even think we had them in Minnesota. They are such a gorgeous bird but are very shy so they are somewhat elusive.
I started out the bird season very successfully.
| {Via} |
No comments:
Post a Comment