Thursday, June 26, 2008
Motorcycle Ride
Michael completed his motorcycle safety training today. He took the test and passed with a 100%! The instructors said he was one of the best riders they have ever seen come through the class. So now what is the next logical step? To get a motorcycle, right? Nope, he already has one. Michael bought a brand new, beautiful Star Roadliner about a month ago. He has had his permit since about the same time. With your permit, you allowed to ride a motorcycle as long as you wear a helmet, do not ride on the freeways, do not have a passenger and do not ride after dark. Now that he has his license, that means I get to ride with him now. Not only did I go on my first motorcycle ride with Michael tonight, I went on my first motorcycle ride EVER. I am 31 years old and that is something that I never have had the chance to do. It was a little scary at first, especially taking the turns because it felt like we were going to tip over. But Michael knows what he is doing and we really weren't even close to falling over. The wind was something to get used to and the bugs that hit your face, but it's all worth it. I hope I'll get to ride a lot more with him. Here's a few pictures of his bike.



Labels:
Outdoors
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Does Michael still own this bike? It’s a beauty! I hope you’ve ridden with him a lot more since your first time riding with him. And maybe, that’s what has sparked an interest in you of learning how to drive a motorcycle yourself, right? I think it’s something you two could definitely bond over!
Post a Comment