Thursday, January 15, 2009

Just you in case you didn't know, it's COLD!

I woke up this morning to Michael telling me that his car didn't start.  No biggie, I would go into the garage and start my car and jump his car.  Yeah, not exactly.  My car didn't start either.  I know it shouldn't have been my battery because I just got a new one last winter.  After intervals of trying to start the cars all morning, Michael's brother Ray came over and helped us.  He has a battery charger and after a short time, Michael's started but no luck with mine.  My car turned over but the gas line was frozen.  After many car no-no's of pumping the gas to get it started but trying to avoid it flooding, my car finally started.  It was about noon and I still decided to make the 24 mile drive into work.  Traffic wasn't bad at noon at least.  It's been a rough week with the cold weather and traffic.  There were 13 rollovers this morning in a period of 3 hours.  We're on our 3rd day of sub-zero temperatures and tonight is going to be just as bad.  Can't wait til the heat wave this weekend.  It's going to be almost 30!  That's a swing of temperature of 50 degrees of what we've been dealing with.

Just in case you don't live here and live somewhere warm, like Texas  ;) , here's your proof.

The temperature this morning:


Here's what it felt like this morning with wind chill:


Did you hear me???  BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!


Despite the cold weather, we all ventured out to Yarusso's for dinner tonight.  We had the Falzone's, Seaberg's, Aliperto's, Germain's, Sterner's and a Sack all together on the East Side of St. Paul enjoying our Italian dinners.  Here are two pictures our server took of us.  If you like the game photo hunt, see if you can figure out who isn't in the 2nd picture.  Hint: He's a little 5 year old redhead with glasses who doesn't like to be photographed unless it's under his terms.   


3 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Ridiculous! And in St Paul we had school. Poor babies almost froze to death on the way to school :(

Anonymous said...

Did Keith Marler say you could put his pic in here? Good times, good food, and frickin freezing!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you went out to eat in -20+ temperatures. I can say with confidence that the entire state of Texas would close if it reached -1 (Businesses actually begin closing their doors at 20 degrees). AP