Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Random Schmandom

I thought I'd write about the last few days all at once since the content of each activity isn't enough on its own. M and I went to O'Gara's in St. Paul for dinner and a drink on Friday night after work. It was still so cold out but it was nice for him and I to go out to a bar and just talk as we don't do that much very often by ourselves. I love just sitting there talking to M as we never run out of things to say to each other. I love his company, and I do love O'Gara's onion rings! They are the best. Terrible for you, but delicious.


On Saturday morning, ok, it Saturday afternoon, M and I ventured out for breakfast at one of the places we've been wanting to try on the "Best of..." list from the City Pages from last year. Good Day Cafe was voted for the best pancakes, specifically their glazed doughnut pancakes. I didn't get them although M did I tried his. I had Eggs Benedict instead. M also got a half order of bacon and chorizo and hash browns. The whole meal was very expensive for breakfast but very worth it (not for every weekend). The quality of the food was just fantastic. The restaurant itself is so appealing for some reason and it seemed to be somewhat trendy and a Minneapolis crowd. The guy next to us was in his 50's and looked like he had just rolled out of bed but had an Ed Hardy hoodie on. M and I thought this to be hilarious and M said he definitely got it for Christmas from one of his kids. I would highly recommend coming to try this place at least once.

Mmmm, freshly squeezed grapefruit juice





We spent the rest of the evening sitting on the couch watching playoff football. We were supposed to go out for Tanya's 30th birthday but I wasn't feeling good so we cancelled. Tanya, you know we're going to make it up to you though!

Sunday was much of the same...watched football all day long and watched the Packers lose in overtime 51-45. It was an awesome game and very fun to watch, especially when Rodgers fumbled the ball and Arizona ran it in for a touchdown. I was worried about you Packers making it to the Super Bowl and now my worries are gone. Now I can focus on The Purple and Dallas this weekend. Yes, of course we'll be there.

Yesterday I went out to the monthly happy hour with the Alphabet Gang. No pictures because I always forget to take them but 2 of our members didn't show up. We met at Bulldog in St. Paul. I typed in bulldog.com at work trying to get the menu before we went there and do not, I repeat, DO NOT type in that address at work!!! It was a porn site and I was mortified. In case you are looking for the real bulldog restaurant, here's the real address: Bulldog It was Catha and myself that met and later was joined by Aaron and his girlfriend Bobbi. I drank water and had a salad because yesterday was also the day that we started The Biggest Loser contest at work again. Yes, we are doing that again and I paid and signed up for another round. Back at it being strict and eating as best as possible and working out as much as I can. Maybe I will win this time. I don't plan on blogging about it each week as I did before but will keep you updated with my progress.

Some other tidbits that have happened over the last week or so:

My nephew lost his first tooth! I asked him if the tooth fairy came and gave him a quarter and he said he got a dollar! We used to get a dollar when I was a kid also. The tooth fairy does not experience any sort of inflation or cost of living increase it seems. What is the going rate for teeth these days?



And finally just some pictures while I was in the car and stuck in traffic last week when it snowed and took me two hours to get to work. I cringe just looking at these pictures.






The week's almost over again...enjoy it!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I still think a buck is ok, maybe $2 for the two front teeth. Good luck with the Biggest Loser Challenges at work!

Rebecca said...

I give Kaylah $2, But she's a weird kid and writes notes to the Tooth Fairy saying that she wants the money, but she also wants to keep her tooth. About a month ago she must have been running low on money, because she found an old tooth (gross) and she wrote a note to the tooth fairy that said she didn't want her tooth anymore and that the Tooth Fairy could come back buy it from her.