Sunday, May 23, 2010

Random Schmandom

There are many times in my life when I just have busy streaks and that makes it hard sometimes to sit down and write about my life and that's when the Random Schmandom comes in handy. In addition to being busy, I have tried to unplug a little bit more from the world in the evenings, usually allowing myself one hour on the computer after I've come home from work. It makes me feel better and I'm doing other things besides just being on the computer.

Anyways, here's a quick recap of some things that have happened over the past few weeks. I have some other things I'll write about in detail shortly.


I went out to dinner with my sister and my nephew to Baja Sol a few weeks ago and got this cute picture of the two of them. My nephew has recently changed his mind that he no longer likes tacos, much to the chagrin of both his mom and auntie. I guess that's ok...Jamie and I eat enough tacos to make up for it.


I saw this license plate while in a parking lot. Those that are Minnesota Vikings fans will appreciate it.

M and I went out to the pond in our backyard to see any wildlife that we could and we saw some turtles, fish, frogs and birds, including these mallard ducks. Their heads were such a beautiful green in the sunshine.

A frog in the water
A turtle with it's head popping out of the water

Guess who's car turned 100,000 miles this past week?! This is the first time I've had a car with that many miles that I've owned from the beginning. I bought the car in December 2002 and put on 25,000 in the first year so you can see that I've mellowed out on driving since then. I pretty much only drive my car Monday-Friday, 50 miles a day. I've driven enough miles in my car to go around the world four times.


M and I were on the motorcycle and saw this memorial by Lake Phalen on the Bruce Vento Trail where Sgt. Joe Bergeron was shot and killed a few weeks ago.

I've had bad dreams lately. I've had six bad dreams in about a week and I can remember five of them, which all mean terrible things if you believe in dream interpretation. 1) My teeth were chipping and falling out of my mouth (I hate this dream. I've had variations of it in the past and it seems so real.) 2) Babysitting my sister's baby (she is pregnant now but in the dream the baby was a boy) and forgetting about him sitting in his high chair for TWO DAYS. I did not feed him or change him and when I did realize I had forgotten about him and looked at him, he was starving to death and looked like he was about to die. 3) A NASTY spider that was orange and slimy crawling across the grass in my yard 4) My friend being chased by a bear and watching her get mauled--What's wrong with me?!?!? I have had some drama in my life lately but that's settled down a bit so maybe the dreams will too.

Speaking of my sister and being pregnant, she did find out what she's having about 10 days ago and it will be another BOY! I told her all along that I thought it would be a boy and she didn't like that as she wanted a girl but of course is now fine with having another boy. Now if both her and her husband could agree on a name...

To all you fellow bloggers....I've still been reading your blogs but have left little to no comments for lack of time. I'll be commenting again!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Just wanted to say Hi!

Dana said...

Hi Kristi! Need to get together soon!