Spiritual/dreamy/atmospheric/experimental indie electronic/gospel/folk/pop/rock. (Yes, for real)
Both M and I pick and tear apart music in our conversations with each other for the good and the bad and while I won't bore you with the details, we were bothered somewhat by the lead singer's disconnect with the heart and soul of the music and rest of the band, but rather he seemed to be there because he is earning a better paycheck as the days progress and the band becomes more popular. I also thought the band would have been less electronic and more raw, such as using actual instruments instead of pushing a button to create the same sound. I thought of them as being more of a hippy-type band but in actuality, they are not at all. Either way, the show was still great and despite the packed-in-like-sardines feeling you have when you're at a sold-out show at First Ave, it was very enjoyable.
Yeasayer
One of my favorite songs: Wait for the Summer
Here's is one of Yeasayer's most popular songs off the new album:
1 comment:
I haven't heard of them but listened to the video and really like it! Sounds like it has native influence. I think I will have to pick up an album. Ps I will be reading all 10 posts of yours that I need to catch up on....backwards
Post a Comment