Friday, December 24, 2010

Dinner, Movie and Brunch

To end a bad week last week, we went out with Tanya and Chris and met them at J. Cousineau's in Maple Grove. On our way there, M and I were in the car talking about the name of the place we were going and we were calling it Jacques Cousteau's and laughing. I'm almost positive it's not that funny communicated to you in this post. None of us had been there before but because Tanya had to work in the morning, we thought we'd keep it close to their area.  It was just your average, everyday bar, but it was so much fun to get together with them again because with everyone's schedule, the visits have been few and far between.  We ate a variety of foods and had a little to drink and laughed a lot. We ended the night around midnight. It was a fun time, T&C!





On Saturday, M and I went to Fleet Farm so we could buy some hand and foot warmers for a big outdoor outing we had coming up on Monday.  Hmmm, any guesses about what I'll be writing about next?  We stocked up on all the warmers but not before taking this picture of M in the store. 


We headed home for almost an hour before going back out to Rosedale Center where the movie theater is.  That area is so packed and you can never find a parking spot on a normal day so I wasn't looking forward to heading into the area on the Saturday before Christmas.  We finally found a spot before driving around a little bit.  We bought our tickets and headed in to see 127 Hours. The movie is based on a true story of Aron Rolston and his ability to stay alive and survive after a canyoneering accident which left him trapped for how many hours?  You guessed it, 127 hours.  M read Rolston's autobiography Between a Rock and a Hard Place in 2004 and said the movie was pretty accurate based on the book.  The movie was very good and I loved the cinematography and would definitely recommend for you to see it.  Here is the trailer:




On Sunday morning, we met our friends Greg and Anna for brunch at Pizza Luce in St. Paul.  Both M and I hadn't eaten there for brunch before but they had a menu you could order from versus a buffet and even better, $1 mimosa's.  I had the Eggs Benedict and was kinda nervous when I saw the eggs.  They were almost like whipped cream texture but turned out to be very good.  M has known Greg since they were teenagers, however I had only met Anna once before.  While our brunch was brief, we made plans to go bowling with them sometime this winter.  I had to run a couple of last minute Christmas errands but after that, it was a relaxing day in front of the TV watching football all.day.long.

It was a great weekend!

Don't the eggs look like whipped cream?

No comments: