Neither M or myself had ever been there before. It's right on Hennepin and 7th in downtown Minneapolis. It's a place where the trendy people want to be seen so it's not really my kind of place. The lower level is the steakhouse, the second level is the ultra lounge and sushi area and then there's also the rooftop bar. We ate in the steakhouse. The prices and menu items were very similar to Manny's. My favorite part was that I was able to order sushi as an appetizer and then still have steak. I don't know of any other place that has both under one roof. M really liked the food and it was good, just good, and nothing outstanding to me. I would much rather have chosen another steak place but if it wasn't for the gift certificate, we probably wouldn't have gone. The place must do very well though because it is trendy and because it is in such close proximity to all the theaters and Target Center. I do have to say the hostess and the coat check woman were very nice and our server was pretty good, even giving M a free dessert.
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Seven
M and I went out to dinner at Seven on Monday. It's not that we had this huge hankering for either a big steak or sushi dinner just days after Thanksgiving but because I had a gift certificate that expired before November 30th that I had forgotten about.
Neither M or myself had ever been there before. It's right on Hennepin and 7th in downtown Minneapolis. It's a place where the trendy people want to be seen so it's not really my kind of place. The lower level is the steakhouse, the second level is the ultra lounge and sushi area and then there's also the rooftop bar. We ate in the steakhouse. The prices and menu items were very similar to Manny's. My favorite part was that I was able to order sushi as an appetizer and then still have steak. I don't know of any other place that has both under one roof. M really liked the food and it was good, just good, and nothing outstanding to me. I would much rather have chosen another steak place but if it wasn't for the gift certificate, we probably wouldn't have gone. The place must do very well though because it is trendy and because it is in such close proximity to all the theaters and Target Center. I do have to say the hostess and the coat check woman were very nice and our server was pretty good, even giving M a free dessert.
Neither M or myself had ever been there before. It's right on Hennepin and 7th in downtown Minneapolis. It's a place where the trendy people want to be seen so it's not really my kind of place. The lower level is the steakhouse, the second level is the ultra lounge and sushi area and then there's also the rooftop bar. We ate in the steakhouse. The prices and menu items were very similar to Manny's. My favorite part was that I was able to order sushi as an appetizer and then still have steak. I don't know of any other place that has both under one roof. M really liked the food and it was good, just good, and nothing outstanding to me. I would much rather have chosen another steak place but if it wasn't for the gift certificate, we probably wouldn't have gone. The place must do very well though because it is trendy and because it is in such close proximity to all the theaters and Target Center. I do have to say the hostess and the coat check woman were very nice and our server was pretty good, even giving M a free dessert.
Labels:
Date Night,
Food
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was wondering about this place....
Post a Comment