Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Poison Apples

Last Saturday night, M and I joined my sister and her husband and my parents to support my sister's stepson Jack at Station 4 for the Next Big Thing Tour, which was a ton of bands playing throughout the day on Saturday as well as Sunday.  Jack is my brother in law's son from a previous marriage and he is the drummer of the band, The Poison Apples.  The band had to sell tickets for the show in advance and the more tickets you sold, the better time slot you got to play.  I believe there were only 3 bands that played after them on Saturday night so they sold quite a bit of tickets.  Jack is a very good drummer and the band is also good. The crowd loved them and kept chanting, "one more song" over and over but the sound guy would not let them play any longer as the next band needed to take the stage.

 I had been to Station 4 many, many years ago and it's a bar that hasn't changed much over the years, except the name.  The one thing I never would have thought in a million years is that I would be there someday with my parents.  Because of this, I had to take advantage of all the death metal posters that were plastered on the wall for upcoming shows and get a picture of my family while showing the sign of the horns. 







1 comment:

Jamie said...

Great pics! Love the family one, that was so fun! Thanks for showing your support!!! It ended up being a great night!