Monday, February 28, 2011

eReaders

I finally made a purchase that I have been stewing over for months.  I bought an eReader, specifically the Barnes and Noble brand, the Nook Color. I went back and forth whether or not I was the type of person who needed to feel the paper and turn the pages of a paper book.  I realized I'm not.  Not only that, I do not keep my books after I've read them.  I sell them or donate them, giving me all the more reason to collect and download books on the Nook Color.  I have had it for about a week and a half and I've already finished two books and I'm currently reading my third.  There are many books you can download for free, including public domain books.  I've downloaded about 25 eBooks, of which I've only paid for two of them and they were $5 each.

I ultimately decided that I would get the Nook Color vs. Amazon's Kindle or any of the other eReaders out there.  The Nook Color is first and foremost an eReader, however it's also like a tablet, like the iPad.  It has a web browser (it has built-in Wi-Fi) as well as has some applications on it such as Pandora for listening to music and games.  I can also download or subscribe to a variety of magazines and newspapers, some for just $1 a month. You can also download eBooks from your local library, however I haven't looked into doing that yet.  

I'm very excited to continue to use my Nook Color and see how much more I end up reading versus having a paper book.  I even bought a cute little cover for my Nook Color. 

Do you have an eReader?  If so, which one?  Are you interested in getting one or prefer to read books the old fashioned way?

   

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I am a total book worm and love real books. Then again, I have never tried an e-reader but I can't see myself switching anytime soon.