On Saturday, February 12th, I was bumming around the house and I needed to go into a room that we have off the kitchen hallway. It's technically a bedroom but because our lovely old house does not have a basement, (but a scary, dirt crawl space with lots of spiders) we are currently using that room for storage. I was giving a gift to a coworker so I had to go in there and find a gift bag. M was sitting right there and as I turned the door knob, he said, "Happy Valentine's Day" at the same time I started walking in the room and saw something I wasn't supposed to see and shut the door completely regretful with a frightened look on my face. I told M I was sorry and he just laughed and said he thought that I might go in there. He said it was ok to open the door again and when I did, I saw one huge heart balloon and two smaller heart balloons, a vase full of different colored daisies, a card and a cute gorilla stuffed animal holding a heart. M had arranged all of the items as a display just in case I did walk into the room before Valentine's Day. I very much appreciated my early Valentine's gifts, especially the flowers. Daisies, just regular plain daisies are my favorite flower and these ones were white, light pink and dark pink, even with glitter all over them. I loved them and they are still alive on my desk today. I wish I would have taken a picture of them when they were brand new, along with everything else he got me but I didn't take any pictures.
On Sunday, we went bowling with Greg and Anna at Flaherty's. We bowled two games and I didn't do as good as I did the last outing, but it's just for fun, right?
After bowling, M and I went out for our Valentine's dinner...well, actually it was lunch. M chose the place and it was Tavern on Grand in St. Paul. We had been to this place before multiple times and this place has some significance in our life. They are known for their walleye and that's what we both had. The fish was absolutely delicious! I loved the walleye so much and it was a completely perfect Valentine's meal.
After dinner, we were going to my sister's house so I could give my nephew some little Valentine's gifts but we slowly made our way there and drove over to West St. Paul so we could see the St. Paul skyline.
We arrived at my sister's house and stayed over there for a little bit. I didn't take any pictures of Keith but I loved this one of Colton. After my sister's we went to visit my Gramma in the hospital.
| Colton says, "Yeah!!!!!" |
On Monday, Valentine's Day, I went to work as usual but after work we had dinner reservations...for White Castle! This was the 4th year that M and I went to White Castle on Valentine's Day, which is my present to him. What a perfect girlfriend, right?! We've been to four different locations and this time was the Rice and University location. We dined in candlelight with our own server, eating sliders. Our server was so nice and great so I tipped her $10. That's a 60% tip, y'all!
After dinner, we stopped briefly to visit my Gramma in the hospital again, despite not being conscious. In the entryway the hospital has a Lucy statue in the and while it's not Valentine related, I thought it was appropriate to take a picture of it for the day.
2 comments:
I remember last year (i think it was just last year) when I found out that you and M go to WC for V-day... I laughed so hard! I honestly think it's the cutest thing ever though, because WC is pretty bomb!
Steve and I are moving on Saturday and he said to me just last night "do you think if we bought a crave case for the people helping us move, that would be okay?" I laughed. Sounds like a good idea to me!
Looks like a great weekend!! Good for you for being caught up on blogging...... me? Months behind. Oh well I just don't have it in me right now
Post a Comment