Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bowling Geeks

We've been bowling every Sunday since about the end of the football season and despite that, I'm not getting better and maybe even a little worse.  A couple of weeks ago we went with our regular partners, Greg and Anna and we had Wayne and Tyler join us to watch us.  I think my average up until that point was 110 but it has to be lower than that now.  My goal is still just to break 100.


Greg and Anna were out of town last weekend so it was just M and I to bowl.  We buy our time by the hour so we were able to get in four games in an hour and it was a workout.  We were so used to bowling with a group that we weren't used to going up to bowl so often.  We both did terribly but we did practice doing Scotch Doubles.  Scotch Doubles is when one person rolls the first ball and your partner rolls the second ball.  It's fun and we realized that M is better at the first ball and I'm better at cleaning up the pins he didn't get the first time. We planned on going to Scotch Doubles (last Saturday of every month at Flaherty's) this past Saturday but we ended up cancelling for different plans, which I'll write about later this week.  

This past Sunday we bowled again with Greg and Anna and Bobby, Jennifer and their kids and Bobby's mom met up with us and bowled in the lane next to us.  Again, I was pretty bad and my low score was 85 and the high 104.  Anna had two strikes in a row and she was on her way to getting a Turkey (three strikes in a row) but didn't.  She actually said instead of a Turkey, it was Tofurkey since she is vegan, which I thought was funny.  I didn't take any pictures because it was kind of a lot going on with so many people and kids so next time.  There's nothing more exciting than a bowling group photo, is there?!

2 comments:

Ang said...

ever since I started bowling on the Wii... I've began to REALLY suck it up on a real lane. Lame.
I'm to the point where I don't even care to bowl anymore because it's too embarrassing.

mamamouseiam said...

You can't really call yourself bowling "geeks" without matching shirts...;)

Looks like fun!