Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fort Myers, Florida: Miscellaneous

We left Minnesota very early on Saturday morning, February 26th and the temperature was -3*.  The temperature in Fort Myers was 87* and we had a 90* degree swing in temperature from morning until afternoon.  The weather was great except for one day it was cloudy and it rained a little bit, otherwise sunny and anywhere from 82-87* daily.  

You're probably sick of hearing about Florida but I have two installments left coming this week.  Then it's back to good old Minnesota life again. 

Flying over Chicago
Soothing my sunburned eyelids with cucumbers
Can you believe they still have cigarette machines?  We don't have these in MN.
Can you see the orange/yellow fruit in the trees?  That's starfruit. You can just pick it freely and here in MN, it's a $1.99 per fruit!  They were all over the ground below.
Cute little lizard with his neck puffed out
Spanish Moss on the trees
Palm Tree
Words illuminated all over the sidewalk
Cute little barrels for your wine corks
I bought myself a present while I was down there...
My first REAL Coach purse!  I'm so extremely happy with it.



3 comments:

Sara Strand said...

Man alive.. this makes me miss Florida even more. *sigh* I used to have grapefruit and orange trees in my yard. And we used to throw grapefruits at cars. Thank god our aim sucked- my mom would have killed us!!

Ang said...

sweet - I LOVE the pictures! and Good for you for buying yourself a little something!

Jamie said...

Nice pictures - love the trees! And your purse isn't so bad either ;)