After a tour in the cave on Saturday, Keith and I went to the Twins game on Monday. It was a double-header and the first game was a make-up game from April 22nd. The game started at 12:10 pm and I was a little nervous going to the game during such extreme humidity. The heat index did reach 112 degrees while were there there. I was dreading having to sit in the sun but when we got to our seats, we were the first row of shade so we never once had to stay in the sun, which truly saved us. I was literally dripping with sweat just sitting in the shade. Keith didn't seem to mind and I made sure he drank water constantly while we were there and he had some ice cream to cool him down. The Twins got behind early in the game and it was 5-0 for a long time before we decided to leave in the 8th inning. Cleveland would go on to get another home run and the Twins would have a 2 run homer in the 9th but not enough to win the game. Twins lose 5-2. I had a great time with my nephew again. He bought a silver Twins baseball at one of the souvenir stands and it is so cute to see him hold it and stare at the ball all the way home because he loves his new ball.
| Mon 9am | 10am | 11am | Noon | 1pm | 2pm | 3pm | Mon 4pm | |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| 9am | 10am | 11am | Noon | 1pm | 2pm | 3pm | 4pm | |
| Forecast | ||||||||
| Temp (°F) | 81° | 84° | 87° | 88° | 90° | 93° | 94° | 94° |
| RealFeel® | 100° | 106° | 112° | 112° | 115° | 117° | 115° | 110° |
I'm so glad the extreme heat is over. I can't remember if it was the next day or that same night but a city in Minnesota hit 127 degrees for the heat index at 8 pm. Even in the Twin Cities, it was a 102 heat index in the middle of the night. Here's what weather.com said for the next day at my work.
4 comments:
Even extreme heat can't keep you diehard Twins fans away! The "Turtles" were there too, celebrating Chris' birthday...weren't you at the rain out in April, which was rescheduled to this day?
Way too hot for me!!
Mamamouse, I never went to that game because I made the decision not to go due to rain before they actually rescheduled it so I made the right decision. I didn't know the "Turtles" were there! I'm always there when someone else is but I never know it!
Awe, I like the pics :) He does really like that silver Twins ball :)
Post a Comment