Remember when I took the day off from work a couple of Fridays ago? Well, I was able to meet my honey for lunch and then head to Rosedale for a little bit of shopping too. I didn't have to spend any of my own money since I received some gift cards for my birthday and for Valentine's Day. It was nice to pamper myself with some items that were free!
First to Sephora:
Then to Bath and Body Works:
And finally to Bare Escentuals:
Thank you M for all of this stuff!
Before I went to the mall, I stopped at Bed, Bath & Beyond and took the plunge! I had been doing research off and on since October. I really wanted a certain kitchen appliance and it was expensive but I used a $100 BB&B gift card I've been saving since August, a $75 gift card from my parents for my birthday, a $25 Visa gift card from winning Wellness Bingo at work, a 20% off BB&B coupon and roughly $167 out of my own pocket covered the cost of what I wanted. The bummer was they don't carry what I wanted in-store and so I had to order it to be shipped which cost $25. So I ordered it Friday and it arrived at my house last Thursday. So what did I splurge on?
A blender! Ok, I know, it's SUPER EXPENSIVE for a blender but I am totally excited about it. My food life will improve because of it. The possibilities with it seem endless and I can't wait to show off some of my creations I'll be making. So far I've made strawberry "ice cream", a glowing green smoothie, blended some salsa and made another green smoothie with spinach, peaches, banana and almond milk this morning. It's small and sleek compared to the Vitamix, which I had been making comparisons with but decided on the Blendtec and I'm completely happy. Now I can't wait to make my own hummus, black bean dip, soups (the blender makes it hot for you!), flours, nut butters and everything else!
If you have time and are interested, watch the Blendtec demos, part 1 and part 2. I'm the type of person who likes infomercials so I dig this kind of stuff. And if you've been to Costco, maybe you've seen this demo in person.
2 comments:
I love smoothies! That blender looks awesome (I can't watch videos at work). I want a good juicer :)
I'm gonna have to check this bad boy out...Orange Julius for me :)
Post a Comment