Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bad Timing

Wolf Gang is a band that I would call my band of the year for 2012.  They're one of those bands that you say that you are for sure going to see them if they ever come into town regardless of where they play and what day of the week it is.  That's a big statement coming from a 35 year old who doesn't like to hang out until midnight at shows on a work night.

When we found out they were coming, we got tickets almost right away and really looked forward to seeing them.  The unfortunate thing...the concert was the same day that my dad passed away.

Do we go?  Do we not go?  Maybe it seems weird to even think about going but we went.  And I'm glad we did.  It's definitely something we debated over and whether it was appropriate or whether or not we'd even have fun.  The part that made the decision the hardest was leaving my mom for a handful of hours.

M and I laughed when we got in the car to head to the concert as I said and I know that this conversation would have taken place like this if there was some way that it could:

Me:  Dad, would you mind if we go to a concert tonight?

Dad:  What?!  I just died this morning and you want to go to a concert the same night?  (Laughs) No, I'm just kidding.  Of course go to the concert and have fun.

For those that know my dad, I hope that makes sense to you.

Anyways, Wolf Gang played at the Varsity Theater.  It was a Monday night (the dreaded work day night but no work for me the entire week) and there were probably 80 people there.  I was shocked as they are a great band from London but apparently they are that unknown here.  I'm commonly surprised at how many people come out and see these obscure bands that M and I like so I was just as shocked to see only 80 people there.  It was perfect.  Music is my therapy!

After the show, we went back to my mom's house and we both spent the night there so my mom wouldn't have to be alone overnight.





They have a lot of songs I like but these are probably two of my favorite.  Please listen...I've broken down the songs based on your mood for your listening pleasure. :)

Dance:



Close your eyes:



Sit down and relax:








1 comment:

mamamouseiam said...

LOL! I can just hear your dad saying that! :D