My lovely boyfriend took off November 2nd-4th to go deer hunting with the boys (and niece) at their cabin. I think a little bit more drinking might have been going on than hunting.
As for me, my mom and I went out to eat to Noodles and Company on Friday night. My mom had eaten Noodles once before at my sister's Super Bowl party but had never been there. For those that don't know my mom, she doesn't do much. She doesn't get out and explore much so going out and doing every day activities is a new adventure for my mom since my dad died.
We ordered our noodles and she liked them (it's the small things) and then we headed to the movies. I can remember the last time my mom was in a movie theater. It was 22 years ago! In 1990, we went to see Arachnophobia (apparently my phobia was not nearly as bad then) as a family and a very severe thunderstorm passed while we were in the theater. That's the only time we ever went to the movies as an entire family and the only time I was ever in a movie theater with my mom. My dad had brought my sister and I to two movies in our lifetime, The Care Bears Movie in 1985 and 101 Dalmatians in 1986.
This time, we went to see Argo. I thought the movie was good and I was even able to tolerate Ben Affleck in it. I think he's a terrible actor but not bad at all in this one. Despite knowing how the movie was going to end, it gets pretty intense the last half hour of the movie, even though there are some historical inaccuracies but hey, it's Hollywood and it's based on true story not is a true story. Have you seen it?
I'm happy my mom was feeling ok enough to come out with me and I'm hoping we can do something like this again. It's a new life for her now and I hope she can embrace it.
As for me, my mom and I went out to eat to Noodles and Company on Friday night. My mom had eaten Noodles once before at my sister's Super Bowl party but had never been there. For those that don't know my mom, she doesn't do much. She doesn't get out and explore much so going out and doing every day activities is a new adventure for my mom since my dad died.
We ordered our noodles and she liked them (it's the small things) and then we headed to the movies. I can remember the last time my mom was in a movie theater. It was 22 years ago! In 1990, we went to see Arachnophobia (apparently my phobia was not nearly as bad then) as a family and a very severe thunderstorm passed while we were in the theater. That's the only time we ever went to the movies as an entire family and the only time I was ever in a movie theater with my mom. My dad had brought my sister and I to two movies in our lifetime, The Care Bears Movie in 1985 and 101 Dalmatians in 1986.
This time, we went to see Argo. I thought the movie was good and I was even able to tolerate Ben Affleck in it. I think he's a terrible actor but not bad at all in this one. Despite knowing how the movie was going to end, it gets pretty intense the last half hour of the movie, even though there are some historical inaccuracies but hey, it's Hollywood and it's based on true story not is a true story. Have you seen it?
I'm happy my mom was feeling ok enough to come out with me and I'm hoping we can do something like this again. It's a new life for her now and I hope she can embrace it.
1 comment:
Sounds like a great date for you and mom! Its good for her to get out, I am sure she appreciates it
Post a Comment