Saturday, November 17, 2012

Heather and Jeremy

I missed my friend Corey's wedding and my friend Heather's bridal shower which was the same day as my dad's benefit, September 29th.  I missed  Kim's reception on Friday, October 5th.  I missed Heather's bachelorette party on Saturday, October 6th.  I missed my dear friend Jill's wedding on October 13th.  I didn't miss Heather and Jeremy's wedding.

Heather and Jeremy were married Saturday, October 20th and after a very long week of events, it felt good to go out and get to see a group of my friends.  I've known Heather since I was 14 years old and I'm glad everything worked out where I could be a part of her special day. 

They got married and had the reception at the Bunker Hills Event Center in Andover.  The girls carried orchids and small lighted lanterns. The ceremony took place in the middle of the room while everyone was seated around them.  Our friend Wally opened with a song and the ceremony itself was around 20 minutes.


We went just into the next room for the reception.  We picked up an origami bird of a tree branch that had our name on it and a photo of a statue that corresponded with a table showing where you would sit. The theme was Asian zen, with orchids and bamboo plants on each table along with some sort of Asian/Buddhist/Zen-type statues on each table, which matched the origami bird. 

The food consisted of a plated salad and then the rest was buffet-style which included organic foods, rice, chicken, steak, veggies and sushi.  The dessert selection was fantastic.  I thought the food was very good. 




Jeremy singing a song to Heather

It was an open bar and if you wanted beer, you could pick an ugly mug and bring it home.  They had a huge selection of different steins and mugs made of glass and ceramic that they bought up over the summer at garage sales and thrift stores.  I thought it was a great idea.  

Congratulations Heather and Jeremy!

*Thanks to Kristi for the next three photos.*








 




No comments: