Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Different Kind of Easter

Easter this year was different.  Well, it was different for obvious reasons but it was different because we didn't get together at my aunt's house like we normally do.  No one got together as a large group this year and I can't remember that happening, ever.  But that's ok.

We didn't have a plan in place up until Wednesday of that week and then my mom decided to have Easter at her house for M and I and my sister's family so we started a new tradition this year...at least for this year.

It was a brunch and we had lots of yummy food including almond orange french toast casserole, egg bake, cheesy potatoes, fruit salad and of course, bacon. 



My sister's family just got back from Florida so they talked about their trip and showed us pictures.  My little nephew Colton picked out a canister of toy cats all by himself while he was in a gift shop in Florida.  He couldn't have made his auntie more proud.


My mom had some goodies for the kids...and the adults too.  (My nephew Keith told my sister a secret while they were in Florida.  He said he knew the Easter Bunny didn't exist anymore.  Well, he's almost 10 but I want him to be innocent and believe in everything forever!)










It was a cold and windy day on Easter but now looking back, it was pretty nice!  I think it was close to 40 degrees and it didn't snow that day! 


The Easter Bunny made a stop to my house too.  I got WAY TOO MUCH candy and some fun other stuff, including Poli Grip for my dentures!  Yep, the Easter bunny doesn't know me very well or had an odd sense of humor.  The Easter Bunny knows I hate Peeps too but he gives them to me every.single.year.


No comments: