Saturday, April 27, 2013

Ward 6

For our monthly dinner with my mom and sister this month, we went to Ward 6 in St. Paul on April 10th.  It was my mom's turn to choose a place and she chose Ward 6 based on a review she read.  Being that I'm so trendy and progressive, I had already been there in January.



We got there just before 5 pm and good thing we did.  It was a Wednesday and the place was packed by the time we left.  I'm pretty sure that's the way it is there always, which is a good thing.

What I really wanted to try was the fish and chips.  Both my mom and sister ordered this and it looked fab.  They both said it was really good.  


What I did end up ordering was the only vegan option on the menu, Cicero Stew.  To me, it was ok. I only ate about half of it when the server asked if I wanted a box.  I told her no and she asked if I liked it.  I told her the truth...it was ok.  She apologized profusely and I said it was fine and nothing to apologize about.  She asked me what about it I didn't like and I told her it just didn't "wow" me.  No biggie for me.  I'm sure the stew is great for someone else but I just didn't prefer it.  


When the server was dropping off the bill, she asked if she could make it up to me/us and bring out beignets for us.  Well, ok, if you insist.  She brought out 3 of them for us to enjoy.  She really didn't have to do that but we appreciated it for sure!  Finally, I told her that the food had no negative reflection upon my experience and that I'd be back again. 

Believe it or not, I am getting better at taking self-portraits

No comments: