It was 50 years ago today that President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963. There are so many conspiracies surrounding the events that took place and I wish there were more concrete information that the was available to the general public.
I asked my mom if she remembers the day and while she was only 8 years old, she does remember a little. She remembers being in her Catholic school and finding out the news. She remembered everyone praying, sad and in shock. I wish I could have had my dad's account of this day as well.
I've been to the site of where Kennedy was show on two separate occasions; once in 1998 and again in 2007. The pictures below are from October 2007.
The book depository where Lee Harvey Oswald allegedly shot Kennedy.
The other side of the street looking across at the grassy knoll.
On the grassy knoll looking at the street where Kennedy's car was. If you look in the street in the middle lane, there is an "X" painted in the street right where his car was when he was shot.
View from sidewalk looking back at the book depository.
Have you visited this place in Dallas?
No comments:
Post a Comment