Here in the mighty north of the United States, we are not accustomed to fast food restaurants like Chick-fil-A so getting several in the Twin Cities over the last month or so has been kind of a big deal.
If I hadn't watched a special this past summer on cable about Chick-fil-A, I would think the people camping out in the parking lot were even crazier than I already do but at least I knew why they were there.
Every time a new Chick-fil-A store opens, customers are allowed to come into the parking lot 24 hours early to camp out. Why? The first 100 people get a box of coupons for 1 free combo meal per week for a year. I don't care how much you like chicken, this just isn't worth it to me, but to each their own. Some of the rules for camping out include you can't leave the parking lot and you're assigned a number. They call numbers all throughout the night and if you aren't there, you can't get the coupons so you must stay overnight, even if 100 people don't show up. On the TV show I watched, there was an older lady, grandma-age that was camping out...it was her 40th Chick-fil-A grand opening. Whoa.
I literally drive through the Chick-fil-A parking lot two times per day on my way to and from work so I was just waiting to see the campers. In the pictures below, that is the morning of Wednesday, November 6th and the one after is the afternoon of the same day with people making makeshift housing out of cardboard. The restaurant opened on Thursday, November 7th in Bloomington.
The first time I had Chick-fil-A was in 2002 in Maryland. I've also had it in Florida and Texas but the first time I had it in Minnesota was this past Tuesday...and Wednesday. Tuesday for lunch and Wednesday for breakfast. Hey, I hadn't been to the grocery store and it was convenient. I did tell you I drive through their lot two times a day! I like the food they have and I like how they have some healthier options and I don't like their some of their social views but I won't go there.
Have you had Chick-fil-A before? Do you like it? Do you plan on visiting? If so, don't go on a Sunday. They're closed!
If I hadn't watched a special this past summer on cable about Chick-fil-A, I would think the people camping out in the parking lot were even crazier than I already do but at least I knew why they were there.
Every time a new Chick-fil-A store opens, customers are allowed to come into the parking lot 24 hours early to camp out. Why? The first 100 people get a box of coupons for 1 free combo meal per week for a year. I don't care how much you like chicken, this just isn't worth it to me, but to each their own. Some of the rules for camping out include you can't leave the parking lot and you're assigned a number. They call numbers all throughout the night and if you aren't there, you can't get the coupons so you must stay overnight, even if 100 people don't show up. On the TV show I watched, there was an older lady, grandma-age that was camping out...it was her 40th Chick-fil-A grand opening. Whoa.
I literally drive through the Chick-fil-A parking lot two times per day on my way to and from work so I was just waiting to see the campers. In the pictures below, that is the morning of Wednesday, November 6th and the one after is the afternoon of the same day with people making makeshift housing out of cardboard. The restaurant opened on Thursday, November 7th in Bloomington.
The first time I had Chick-fil-A was in 2002 in Maryland. I've also had it in Florida and Texas but the first time I had it in Minnesota was this past Tuesday...and Wednesday. Tuesday for lunch and Wednesday for breakfast. Hey, I hadn't been to the grocery store and it was convenient. I did tell you I drive through their lot two times a day! I like the food they have and I like how they have some healthier options and I don't like their some of their social views but I won't go there.
Have you had Chick-fil-A before? Do you like it? Do you plan on visiting? If so, don't go on a Sunday. They're closed!
2 comments:
I've been a few times in Texas but didn't think it was that big of a deal but it is nice to have another option. Culvers is still my favorite fast food
I just really like that it's so convenient to my work on the days that I don't bring my own lunch. Culver's is pretty good!
Post a Comment