The Vikings played the Washington Redskins on Thursday, November 7th. It was a game that was televised on the NFL network. I had a scheduling conflict that night so before I could go to the game, I went to the Westin Edina Galleria for my employer's Director of Servicing's retirement party. I wanted to stay the whole night at the party but I also wanted to go to the game so I wrestled for months on what I should do and decided on doing both. I went for a little more than an hour to the party and then hustled downtown where I planned on being a little late. I ended up arriving up at our seats greeting M with about 8 minutes left on the clock in the first quarter. The score at that point was 3-0, Redskins.
Ponder started the game and had a decent game (it's all relative, folks) until he had to go out in the 3rd quarter with under 2 minutes left with an injury while going into the end zone for a touchdown, which turned out that he dislocated his shoulder on his non-throwing arm. Matt Cassel would step in for the remainder of the game.
The score was 27-21, Washington when Ponder left and Cassel stepped in with his first snap being handed off the AP for a touchdown and somehow we pulled off a win. Adrian Peterson had two touchdowns, Cordarrelle Patterson had his first NFL receiving TD and John Carlson came in and did a great job while Kyle Rudolph was out totaling 98 yards and a touchdown. Vikings win, 34-27. The crowd was into the game, more than I have seen this year, which is probably because we were winning. The crowd was also the loudest I've heard since at least last year.
Cris Carter was elected into the Football Hall of Fame in 2013 and you get a ring presented to you. Cris wanted that ring to be presented to him in at the Metrodome in front of the fans and so he was presented it during a halftime ceremony. He spoke for a few minutes and was very humble in his speech. He is a great speaker, very polished and it was a highlight to be able to see him accept his ring in front of us fans.
Ponder started the game and had a decent game (it's all relative, folks) until he had to go out in the 3rd quarter with under 2 minutes left with an injury while going into the end zone for a touchdown, which turned out that he dislocated his shoulder on his non-throwing arm. Matt Cassel would step in for the remainder of the game.
The score was 27-21, Washington when Ponder left and Cassel stepped in with his first snap being handed off the AP for a touchdown and somehow we pulled off a win. Adrian Peterson had two touchdowns, Cordarrelle Patterson had his first NFL receiving TD and John Carlson came in and did a great job while Kyle Rudolph was out totaling 98 yards and a touchdown. Vikings win, 34-27. The crowd was into the game, more than I have seen this year, which is probably because we were winning. The crowd was also the loudest I've heard since at least last year.
Cris Carter was elected into the Football Hall of Fame in 2013 and you get a ring presented to you. Cris wanted that ring to be presented to him in at the Metrodome in front of the fans and so he was presented it during a halftime ceremony. He spoke for a few minutes and was very humble in his speech. He is a great speaker, very polished and it was a highlight to be able to see him accept his ring in front of us fans.
No comments:
Post a Comment