Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Martini's Make Us Smile

Tonight I went out with 2 of my friends I don't get to see very often, Catha and Deanna. We met at Catha's work, which is downtown, right on Washington Avenue above Wasabi. We sat on the deck with a beer deciding what to do. Yes, her work has a deck, looking at the Metrodome, and yes, her work fridge is stocked full of beer for their employees. We decided to go to The Imperial Room, which is on 1st Avenue. We walked over towards the Metrodome and hopped on the light rail. For as many things and places that I have done and gone to in my life in the city, I haven't been on the light rail until today! I guess there really hasn't been a reason for it. Well there's not much to report as it was not very exciting. :) We got to The Imperial Room and they had a function called, "Drinks for a Cause" that was being held there. You got a name tag and if you purchased certain drinks for $5, $2 of that would go towards breast cancer and prostate cancer research. We ended up each having two martini's and some appetizers and of course, good, fun, girly conversation. And it was all for a good cause!

2 comments:

Ang said...

the title of your blog makes me smile!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Awesome! I am totally craving a trip to Mpls for a fun night!!