Sunday, September 28, 2008

RIP, Paul Newman

Rest in Peace, Paul Newman. You are Michael's favorite actor and Cool Hand Luke is his favorite movie of all-time. Both of us were lucky enough to be able to see Cool Hand Luke in the movie theatre at a midnight showing at the Uptown Theatre years ago. I have only heard good stories about you and it is more than commendable that all profits from your Newman's Own food line goes to charity. You will be missed.

5 comments:

Michelle Leigh said...

He was one hot dude! I didn't even know he died. I guess that's what I get for unplugging for a bit!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Wow, he was so handsome back in the day!

Michael said...

To all of you reading this blog:

Go rent COOL HAND LUKE and then THE COLOR OF MONEY in honor of Paul Newman.
He was a classy guy both on and off the screen.

RIP Paul, you will be missed.

Michael

Anonymous said...

Yesterday, listeners were calling in to a local radio station with their stories of Paul Newman. He had a local connection during his racing days at the Brainard, MN speedway. One caller said that PN and a buddy were in front of him in line at the Dairy Queen. The woman in front of Paul was giddy with excitement but trying very hard to control herself. After ordering and paying for her ice cream she remained at the window. When the attendant came back to the window the woman said, "I got my change, but I didn't get my ice cream yet." From behind her, Paul Newman tapped her on the shoulder and calmly said, "You put it in your purse."

I might have done the same thing - what a funny story! Paul Newman's always been one of my favorite actors, and one of very few that I admired for his off-stage life as well.

Anonymous said...

There really aren't many like him. He will be missed, a legend in his own right.