Friday: I didn't do much after work other than lay around and watch TV, which is something I rarely do!
Saturday: We went down to the Loring Pasta Bar to buy tickets to a concert at the Varsity Theatre in November. We stopped at a place called Maverick's in Roseville to eat afterwards. Michael had been there before but I hadn't. It's a deli type place where you choose the meat for your sandwich and any side items. We had the roast beef and it was so good. After we were home for awhile, I went to wash my hands and the sink had no water pressure. I told Michael and he asked me if I was doing laundry. I told him no and he immediately went downstairs only to find inches of water already on the floor. He had taken a shower over 30 minutes before then and he heard what sounded like me starting to do laundry. What had actually happened was the hot water heater went out and we had a minor flood. At this point, we also had Tanya and Chris coming over just minutes after so that complicated the situation. We ended up getting it cleaned up and turned on the fan to dry it out. We all just hung out listening to music, had a couple of beers and ordered pizza and watched some home videos from vacations Michael and I have taken. After writing that sentence, that sounds really cheesy and even boring! Watching home videos with another couple on a Saturday night? Well I am sure the beers probably helped it be a little less boring for them. :)
Sunday: Today was the home opener for the Vikings. Since we were up late with friends the night before and because a lot of our tailgating gear got wet from the flooding, we decided against going to tailgate early and took it easy and did get down to the dome as early as normal. As you probably already know, the game went exactly like it does for Vikings fans. You get excited because we were actually ahead against the Colts for more than half the game but then you realize that you cannot win the game on field goals alone! It's frustrating to see the Vikes move down the field to only get 3 points each time. The Vikes ended up losing 18-15. Oh, and another not-so-good thing was that my camera was dead. I couldn't get any pictures of our mini-tailgating session or of the game for the start of the home season. Oh well, what can you do. We did get to meet up with my cousin's cousin, Tara, and her husband, Troy at halftime and hang with them for a little bit. After the game, we ended up having to call my parents so we could take a shower over at their house since our water is turned off. At least they only live a couple of miles away. The goal is have a new hot water heater installed after work tomorrow and get back to normalcy.
I hope you all had a good weekend!
2 comments:
That stinks about the hot water heater :(
Glad you had a nice weekend otherwise. I stayed home all weekend and didn't do much!
Bummer about the water and those Vikings!
Post a Comment