Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Recap March 20-22

Friday: 

My night didn't consist of too much.  I went to the grocery store and was amazed at the price.  Here's what I bought for $43.17.  Not much in my opinion.  I am still in search of the perfect low-calorie salad dressing and feel like I always will be.  I have a very unforgiving palate and the taste of fat-free dressings are awful to me.  If you know of a salad dressing that's low-calorie or low-fat and it actually tastes good, let me know!

After the store, M and I watched movies.  I watched Definitely Maybe by myself and then we watched Appaloosa until I feel asleep.


Saturday:

What a beautiful day!  The temperature reached 61 degrees and it was a perfect day to go for a walk.  I walked through the backyard to the paved path that runs through our yard.  I walked for about 2.5 miles and it was awesome just to enjoy the nature and weather.  I also went to Rosedale to use a few coupons I had for JCPenney.  I had 3 $10 coupons that you didn't have to spend any minimum and could be combined so I bought a some clothes for work for spring/summer.  I took a nap and then Tanya came over and we went out to meet some friends for Heather's birthday at the Legion in WBL for karaoke night.  Since I am an awesome singer and probably would have blew everyone out of the water with my pipes, I decided to sit out and not participate.  It really just would have been embarrassing for everyone else so I know it was the right decision.  After the Legion, Tanya and I went across the highway to White Bear Bar.  Of course we saw numerous people from high school as we expected to.  WBL is a weird place and people who live there just stick around forever and frequent the same places.   

Dommy and Renee singing Bon Jovi
Tanya and I
Heather and I
Heather, me, Kristi, Tanya---There are multiple reasons why I thought that the people in this picture would never appear together again at the same time.  But it happened!
Dommy, Joelle (Nelly) and Heather singing Love is a Battlefield by Pat Benatar


Sunday:

Again, a beautiful day with the same temperature as Saturday but boy was it windy!  I went for a walk again on the same path and this time brought my camera.  I took pictures of everything while I was walking because everything was beautiful to me and I was just so happy to be alive. I said hi to everyone I passed with a huge smile because life is good!  M got home around 7 pm after being at his cabin and we relaxed and ended the weekend watching the last installment of our Dirty Harry series.  We watched Dirty Harry about a month ago and watched the remaining 4 movie sequels throughout the month and ended with The Dead Pool last night.  M has always been a fan of Clint Eastwood and I guess I am now too.  


I can't remember what these things are called.  Milk something? 
2 ducks in the pond
Can you see the male and female ducks amongst all the junk and trash?
I wanted to take a picture of this powerline.  It was so mighty looking and with the sound of the electricity sizzling through the lines, it's intimidating. 


3 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

love nature walks, can't wait for my first one of the year soon!
It was fun to see you and Tanya, I am glad you girls came out :)

Michelle Leigh said...

Hey, I ditched the WBL! There is a large population though that just can't get out of there. I love the city and have fond memories, but the local dives are just not for me! Especially since I don't want a WBL reunion every weekend!

I think they are called milkweed and I think monarch's feed on them. We also enjoyed the weather, but who didn't this weekened, right? I think you should have sang. Karaoke is fun, even if you suck!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time with the girls...surprising. Once it starts drying up outside, I'll have to take the boys over to do that walk too - they'd love it.