Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Biggest Loser: Week 7 Weigh In

Hmmm, where to start...ok, I gained weight.  .85% to be exact.   What happened you say?  I'm not sure.  I worked out 5 days and walked 6.5 miles since last weigh in.  I ate relatively the same with a sneak of dark chocolate and some chips and salsa.  Even so, it should have minimal impact.  I am lucky that many others in the contest also didn't do as well.  There were many that didn't lose any weight at all and those that did, it was minimal.  Here's a good example...On week 1, we lost 87 lbs collectively of the 33 of us.  This week, we lost 9.2 lbs collectively.  Not very good!  I don't know if we're all sick of the contest or we're hitting a plateau or what but we're all in a slump.  We found out there is a twist in the contest.  We will not be weighing in next week.  We will be accountable for staying on track ourselves and we will all do our final weigh in on Tuesday, June 2nd. So, the results are below.  Even though I did gain, my first week doing so in the contest, I only slipped 2 places and I am in 10th place.

Here are results:

Total 1st place female: -9.42%- New Leader
Total 1st place male: -9.33%- New Leader
Total Me: -2.78%
# of people who did worse than me this week: 1 female and 3 males
# of people who gained or lost no weight this week: 10 females and 8 males
Average weight loss for week 7: -.21% female, -.09% male
Where I rank with the females: 10 of 19 (last week 8 of 19)
Total lost in lbs: 105.8 lbs for female, 139 lbs for male= 244.8 lbs total

2 comments:

Ang said...

It's so discouraging when you hit a plateau... if in fact that's what it is.... stick it out - work your ass of this week and show them that you've come to win (or would it be lose?) ;)

Jamie said...

And then on 6/2 - we can enjoy a nice sushi dinner :) Keep it up Sister!