Saturday, May 16, 2009

Star Party

My sister and I had been trying to win tickets to go to KDWB's Star Party for weeks.  Well, ok, I was the one that was trying more than my sister but in the end, Jamie came out the big winner. The show was Thursday at Mystic Lake Casino and during the day, KDWB would announce a key word on the 10's of every hour.  I tried every hour with no luck.  The last pair of tickets given away that day was a 5:10 pm.  It just so happens that my speed dialing sister got through and knew the keyword, which put us in front row for the show that was to take place in less than 2 hours.  It was a mad dash to get there on time.  I went right from work but because it was "dressed to impress", you were not supposed to wear jeans and you were to be dressed as though you were going to a wedding.  Considering I dressed like a grandma to work that day, I was less than prepared.  I ended up running to Target and buying a dress and shoes just to go.  The fact that I paid $70 for just an outfit and shoes on the fly sucks but I'm over it.  We had a great time while we were there. The artists that were there performed in this order:  V Factory, Matt Nathanson, Kevin Rudolf,  Flo Rida and Kelly Clarkson.  V Factory was a young manufactured boy band.  Matt Nathanson is the type of music I most identify with out of any of these artists and have a couple of his songs.  Kevin Rudolf was not like I expected since I already have 6 of his songs on my player.  Flo Rida was definitely the most entertaining of the group. Kelly Clarkson has great energy and a great voice.  
Overall, the night was great and Jamie and I ended up leaving $5 richer between the two of us.  Flo Rida threw two piles of money into the crowd and I ended up with $2 and Jamie ended up with $3. :)
Enjoy the pictures.

V Factory---A manufactured boy band that I was way too old to be looking at
Matt Nathanson
Kevin Rudolf
Flo Rida

Flo Rida takes his shirt off for every show

Kelly Clarkson



5 comments:

mamamouseiam said...

Front row! What luck! Maybe you'd better rub Jamie's head before you buy your next lottery ticket!

I'm wondering, though, just how fair is it that you had to spring for a new dress and shoes and all of the perfomers (except, maybe, Matt Nathanson) wore JEANS! You out-classed them by a mile! :-)

Dana said...

I know! Even Matt Nathanson had jeans on. You should have seen some of the people in the audience dressed. Lots of people wore jeans. I really didn't need to buy what I did,(and I wish I didn't) even though that was the required attire. Oh well!

Anonymous said...

How many songs did Matt sing? and which songs? I've heard that Falling Apart from Some Mad Hope will be his next single.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I'll admit I haven't listened to KDWB for about 15 years now so I didn't even know they still did the Star Party. Glad you had fun and were able to win tickets!

Jamie said...

I don't listen to KDWB much myself, but was still interested in going to Star Party for a few of the acts. I didn't really even know the concert was that night until the morning of..when dear Dana convinced me to try to win tickets :) And in the end, I did just that! It was a blast and I'm glad we went - it was mostly fun just being there with you Dana - it reminded me of the old concert going days in our 20's - LOL! Great time - good company - what more could you ask for on a Thursday night. That's 2 good radio station winnings that I won that benefited you :) Your turn.