Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas

On Christmas Eve, a total of 34 people were at my parent's house to celebrate both Christmas and my Gramma's birthday.  It was a lot of people for a somewhat small area and there were lots of kids running around all over the house but it was fun and we are definitely growing as a family.  Just since the July 2010, my grandparents have become great grandparents three times.  There are 9 cousins on this side of the family including myself and collectively they have 8 kids with another one on the way next August, which my cousin Ryan (female) is having.  Up until Christmas Eve, I hadn't seen Ryan in person for at least 10 years (but it could be longer) so it was nice to see her again, even though we are friends on Facebook so I'm not completely in the dark about her life.  My cousin David was also in town from San Diego, where he lives and is a Marine and just got engaged.  It was the first time all of us cousins had been together in a very, very long time. We range from age 12 to 35.






New Jammies
My parent's beautiful 9 foot Christmas tree

Christmas Day was much more low-key and at my sister's house in South St. Paul.  It was just my immediate family with Tom, Michael and nephews.  We had appetizer-type foods as well as leftovers from Christmas Eve.  We also had lots of desserts.  We opened presents one by one and it took a long time but I like doing that way with my family.  We had a good time but the night ended before 10 for some and around 10:30 pm for others.  We had planned to play games but mostly everyone was tired and exhausted.  This is also when I started to get a sore throat and became full-blown sick the next day.  I'm still fighting this cold hard 6 days later. 

The desserts Jamie and I made

My Santa and Reindeer truffles

Jamie's Santa and Snowman cupcakes

My cornflake Christmas Trees and Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Jamie's cookie plate

Michael's Christmas Ale


I truly had a wonderful Christmas.  I feel lucky that I was able to spend it with the people I love most. I also loved giving my presents to everyone.  I also received some very nice gifts from everyone.  I hope you all had a nice Christmas and I am wishing you a very Happy New Year. 

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Awe, I really like this post! I wish I had all that food right now! lol. Thank you for my presents sistercat!

Kristi said...

I also woke up sick the day after Christmas! My 4th effin cold since the end of Sept. My lungs haven't been clear in four months!! Hopefully we will oth be healthier in 2011

Ang said...

sounds like a great way to spend a holiday!