Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bridal Shower

On Saturday afternoon, I went to a bridal shower for my friend Brenna.  Of course I wanted to go to the shower because Brenna is a good friend of mine but I also wanted to go because the shower was going to be held at her matron of honor's parent's house in Bearpath in Eden Prairie.  If you don't know what Bearpath is, it's a housing development that is in a gated community with some properties on a private golf course.  Just to get into Bearpath, I had to stop at the gatehouse and tell the guard I was there for a bridal shower at a specific address and then he asked my name and saw I was on the list and then I was able to proceed into the community.  Fancy!  The whole community was definitely private with walls and trees blocking the outside.  I guess I was expecting to see crazy-huge mansions but from what I saw, there wasn't anything like that.  The houses were definitely nice but they were all so close together to each other and all sort of looked the same.  I looked up some houses in Bearpath and they range anywhere from $500,000 to $3 million+.  I do know that there have been multiple MN Vikings that have lived in there though. There is one awesome house I did find while researching.  You HAVE to check it out and look at all 62 pictures of the interior and 25 pictures of the exterior. They even have a basketball court in their house.  http://www.flashprofiles.com/6/18286-Nicklaus/index.htm

Anyways, on to the shower.  We started with a light lunch and then started with the games.  I'm not a big fan of any bridal or baby shower games but these were fun.  One of the games we played was called Celebrity Husband.  Before we came to the shower, we emailed Brenna's sister a picture of ourselves as well as who our celebrity husband would be.  At the shower was a board full of all the guys we picked and Brenna had to match our pictures to the guys we chose.  I think there were around 15 or so people there and she did get a few correct right away.  It wasn't until the very last couple was she able to correctly place my hubby.  Who'd I pick?  Sexiest Man Alive, Ryan Reynolds. No for real, he was sexiest man alive in People. Each one of us picked a different guy and there was only one duplicate for all us girls...yes, Ryan Reynolds.  He was also Brenna's sister's choice too.


The games: 





Brenna then opened her presents and she received a lot of really nice things, most which came from Bed, Bath and Beyond and it was quite obvious as they gift wrap for you so everything looked the same.  


A very emotional gift--A something borrowed/something old gift that was her grandmother's and her mom's

We then ate cake from Buttercream, which was ultra delicious.  It was a chocolate mousse cake and so rich.  Well, take a look for yourself.  Thanks to Brenna's sister Amber for the majority of these pictures. 



Brenna and her sisters Emily and Amber

Brenna and her Matron of Honor, Julianna

Crazy eyes Dana, Brenna and our friend Nicole  
   

3 comments:

Ang said...

Looks like a good time! I may have to steal that game for my cousins shower - it's different from all the rest (and all the rest get old fast).

One time I was in LA with my mom and her boyfriend at the time - well his brother lives in a gated community (his brothers partner is a famous celebrity physiatrist - you've likely seen him on TV), and we had to go through the same run around to get into that... it was in Beverly Hills... just sayin' ;)

Kristi said...

Looks like a fun shower! Now I am thinking about who my celebrity husband would be....hmmm. That would make an EXCELLENT TFT ya know!! You should post it today since it is Thursday

Kristi said...

I was also going to say that gated communities are very popular in other states. They have them all over in AZ and Cali.