I met my friend Tanya at Lucky 13's in Bloomington last Wednesday for dinner. It was in the upper 90's with a high heat index so all we were looking forward to was getting into an air conditioned establishment and have a drink and some food. When we walked in, it was so hot in there and there were tons of people there. I asked the server if the air was on and he said it was but he had just been on the rooftop to make sure the HVAC's were working and they were but barely. We basically sweated to death during our dinner which cut it short a bit. I did have a yummy pear vodka drink and good company though. It seems that Tanya and I only meet about twice a year now, once for her birthday, July 22 and my birthday, January 21 so it's pretty much exactly six months apart. She was my very first new friend of 8th grade and despite not seeing each other often, we still consider each other best friends.
| I had to post this one because the sun flare was directly on my face and I'm not sure why my mouth is open. |
4 comments:
Those are the best kind of friends. I have a friend that I lost touch with for about 3 years, when we finally found one another again, it was almost as if we hadn't missed a day =)
Oh I love Tanya...
Those are the best kind of friends. The ones that you don't have to see everyday and when you do see them it's like not a day has past.
Happy B-day T.
I haven't seen Tanya in years! Glad you two met up.
Hi Tanya!!!!
Post a Comment