Monday, July 4, 2011

Random Schmandom

Hello my peeps!  It's been so very long since I've been here.  As always I'm behind on my blog but when I actually looked into my photos to see what else I need to write about, my unwritten journeys go back to June 24th!  I've been busy as always but I've had some time to relax too and relaxing this time did not include blogging.  

So what's been going on lately?  Let me tell you....bullet-style.

  • One major thing that happened to me was my computer completely died on me.  My computer was 6.5 years old and it has been on its last leg for probably a year and a half.  I've been trying to hold out as long as possible to buy a new computer because I don't want to whip out that much money.  I was dinking around on my computer on Thursday night and trying to clean it and make it run faster.  On Friday morning, I decided to shut down my computer and when I came home from work, it wouldn't turn on.  I know something got screwed up and instead of bringing it somewhere to be fixed, I thought I would just get a new one and that's what I did Saturday morning.  Brand new computer with a quad core processor makes me very happy!  
  • Being that I no longer had access to my old computer, I did lose some documents, of which none are that important.  I have an external hard drive so most of my stuff was backed up but there has been some activity of things I've downloaded recently that I could not recover but I didn't lose any of my 38,000 pictures I have taken!  That's the most important thing!
  • I changed my hours at work.  I no longer work 9-5:30 but instead 7:30-4.  This has been a great improvement for me and I now feel like I have a much longer day which is what I wanted, especially in the summer!
  • I need a blog makeover so very badly!  Besides changing the whole layout, I want to add tabs to the top but not sure how.  For those that have tabs, it is just using HTML?  Is it difficult?  
  • Today is my cats' birthday.  Fuzzer is 11 and Powder is 8.  I forgot all day until about 30 minutes ago.  I love my fuzzy babies!
  • My foot hurts.  It's hurt since our Florida trip in May.  From what I've decided, I either sprained the ligament in my foot or I have plantar fasciitis.  Poor me.  If it doesn't get better in the next month, I'm going to the doctor. 
  • I've been inspired by one of my blogging friends Sara to make cards.  She makes beautiful greeting cards and I thought, why can't I do that?  So that's what I did.  I've been making cards since the beginning of May but plan on opening an Etsy shop at some point.  I've registered my store name and one of these days when I have ample time to get it up and running, I'll do so.  
  • I'm very behind on reading all of your blogs.  My Google reader is full of lots of reading material so I might not comment on all of your posts but be assured I'll be reading them!
  • How about that government shutdown?  For those who don't live in MN, the politicians who can't get along and act like children in this state failed to balance the budget and on the first day of the new fiscal year, July 1st, some parts of the government has shut down like all state parks, the MN lottery, traffic cameras, Canterbury Park and Running Aces (horse racing and card rooms) and many other things that are deemed non-essential as well as about 23,000 state workers who are unemployed now.  We have a governor who is a Democrat with a Republican controlled legislature who are trying to find ways to balance the budget with a $5 billion deficit.  Work together, compromise and figure it out!  NOW!
I hope you all had a great Independence Day!  While the fireworks will be starting in just about two hours or so, I'll be in bed.  I'm a little sad about not seeing fireworks tonight because I truly love them but it just doesn't work on a Monday for me.

I'll be back very soon to catch you up with the rest of my life!  Until then...

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Looking forward to your 4th of July post. Bummer about your foot :(

Unknown said...

congratulations on opening an etsy shop!! I keep getting told I should open my own but I am too afraid to a)fail and b)I don't know that anyone would buy the stuff I make lol!

Ang said...

Yay for new computers!!

I don't even want to talk about the shut-down. Steve and I have our annual trip to Grand Marais next week and I'm going to be pissed if the state parks are not open by then. What a bunch of fucking babies (pardon my french, I just can't stand this crap!)

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I am also behind on my blogging, probably because I am behind with my photos. I would like to make cards again also or even scrapbook again but haven't done it yet. That is awesome you got a new computer! I am sure it is a night and day difference from your ancient machine. 6.5 years is an incredible amount of time to own a computer these days!! Every 3 years or so for me :)