Saturday, November 19, 2011

AWOLNATION

On Thursday, November 10th, M and I went to the Varsity Theater to see a concert.  I don't think we've been to a concert since September and I can't remember the last concert we'd been to at the Varsity.  They had remodeled the place awhile back but they had remodeled even more since we'd last been there.  The place looks more modern in a sense but I feel like they've wrecked some things.  The lighting was terrible and the sound was not the best, which was not the band's fault and I'm unsure if it was the sound guy or the actual system.  I will be going to another concert there tonight so we'll see if it was an isolated incident or not.

Anyways, we saw AWOLNATION.  You may have heard of them, or not.  I guess you would describe them as Indie Pop.  They have been become quite popular in the past couple of months.  We discovered the band last March and have definitely been a staple of our everyday music.  We have a longer history of this band and if you reach way back into the music past to 2006, the singer and the bassist used to be a part of a band called Under the Influence of Giants, which we had seen live one time but are a band no longer.

Twin Atlantic and Middle Class Rut opened up for them, both bands that we have music from but we missed Twin Atlantic and caught about half of the MCR show.  I was not impressed with them but again, it might be the sound of the theater.

AWOLNATION only has one album which I think they played all of it or most of it so the show was short and sweet.  I would definitely go see them again.




Here is a video of their hit song, "Sail", which was featured on the TV show House.  Check it out and let me know what you think!  And because I'm so impressed with this band, I've included more videos of my favorite song by them.  




  

No comments: