Did you go shopping on Black Friday? Did you have the day off? What did you do?
I actually did a lot of my Christmas shopping online this past week as well as on Thanksgiving, which some of the deals that were being offered in store on Friday were being offered online.
I debated going out at midnight on Black Friday to go to Kohl's. Not because I wanted to shop that badly or because there was something that I needed to buy for me or anyone else but because I had two $10 coupons to spend. That's $20 for free and I have a hard time passing up free. I left my house around 12:10 am and headed to Maplewood Mall which is a mere 3 miles from my house. I had to drive by Best Buy on my way to the mall and saw that it looked like a busy New York City street with people crossing the street every which way and that's when I had the realization that it's midnight, I'm on my way to the mall and I'm an idiot. I also drove past Toys 'R Us where people had their little kids with them (it's midnight!) and pulling them across the street with no regard for traffic. Anything for a deal, right?
I luckily found a pretty decent parking spot for Kohl's, walked in and saw the lines. Holy lines! The lines were backed up half the length of the store at least for every single register. There were hundreds of people in line at each one and it was only 12:20 am. I figured that I had a lot of time to shop then while the lines died down. I did have a couple of things in mind for my family so I picked them up and was ready to check out but the lines were still very long. I decided to outsmart the system and went to the jewelry counter to check out. They were calling numbers. "Number Forty Two!" I didn't know where to get a number but I looked all around and finally found a sign that had numbers you could pull off. My number? 47. Nice! I only waited about 10 minutes until my number was called. Once called, they asked me what they could show me in the jewelry cases. "Oh, nothing. I'm all set, thanks." and I was out the door and home by 1 am. I wish I could tell you how great of deals I received but I can't because my family reads this blog and the presents I bought just might be for them but if you give me $20 free and 15% off on top of that, I can do pretty good. Thanks, Kohl's.
As for the rest of the day, I had to work from home for a little bit in the morning and then M and I went out to breakfast at The Neighborhood Cafe (so good) which turned out to be breakfast at noon and then down to First Avenue to buy some concert tickets. We then went back to St. Paul and stopped at The Wine Thief & Ale Jail, which has many rare beers which makes M extremely happy. M is a major beer enthusiast so he was like a kid in a candy store when we went in there. I do have to say that it did look pretty impressive in there and if I was into beer, it would have been exciting for me too (but it wasn't).
M went to see The Immortals in 3D while I went shopping again. We watched The Naked Gun and then M got sick which you can read about on my Thanksgiving post.
2 comments:
I had a REALLY long comment typed out here - but I've decided it's worthy of a Black Friday post myself...
Glad you were able to find the short line...
I worked on Black Friday, which was kind of a bummer but hey, I made about $80 and spent nothing so I'm not too sad about it!
Post a Comment