Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back to School

It's back to school time!  I had the opportunity to spend a $25 gift card for The Children's Place and go buy anything I wanted to review so I bought stuff that would be good for going back to school.

If you've never been to The Children's Place, it's a cute store for kids.  I'm not a fan of Old Navy but it reminds me of an Old Navy in the way the store is laid out. The inside of the location I went to was not huge like an Old Navy but laid out nicely where you can easily determine where to go for each age group as well as boys and girls are split and each have their own side of the store. I think the quality of the products are better than Old Navy but the prices are very comparable. That's the part that surprised me most.  I thought this was going to be a specialty store where I wouldn't be able to get much with just $25.  What did I know?  I don't even have kids!

For $25, I feel like I got quite of bit and now some of the items I bought are even cheaper. I was able to purchase a backpack, a lunchbox, a hat, sunglasses and a headband.  Isn't this perfect for a young girl?  I had a little bit left on the gift card so I was able to buy my nephew Colton a pair of sandals that had skulls and crossbones on it as well.  All this stuff for $24.97!

The backpack and lunchbox are both durable and are of good quality materials.  I was given the gift card for review purposes but I would definitely go back to this store and shop for my nephew.  There are 7 The Children's Place locations in the Twin Cities as well as at Albertville Premium Outlet.

This young girl's package will be donated as a basket for my dad's cancer benefit on September 29th.

If you're interested in getting the backpack, it's currently on sale for $9.99!  Check out The Children's Place website for all their sales.  



Here's the description of the backpack from their website.  

  • An all-season style in water-resistant polyester with polyester canvas piecing
  • Easy-to-grip handle and locker loop
  • Padded polyester canvas back panel and adjustable, fully padded shoulder straps
  • Two zipper compartments, and lots of pockets for all her stuff
  • Front pocket is sized to fit our coordinating lunchbox inside
  • Heavy-duty polyester oxford bottom and easy-pull zippers hold it all together
  • Do-it-yourself ID label
  • Measures 16.5"H X 11.5"L X 6"D
  • Imported

Overall Rating
4.9 5
4.9
Open Ratings Snapshot
Quality
4.9 5
4.9
Styling
4.7 5
4.7
Durability
4.6 5
4.6
Fit/Comfort
4.7 5
4.7
Value
5 5
5
6 of 7(86%)customers would recommend this product to a friend.

No comments: