Monday, May 4, 2009

MS Walk

After a nice walk on Saturday, M and I did the MS Walk on Sunday.  We started at Minnehaha Falls and ended in the same place for the 6.5 mile walk that goes across the Mississippi River on 46th/Ford Parkway, down Mississippi Blvd, across the Lake Street bridge and finally back down Minnehaha Parkway to the finish.  We both were a little sore after Saturday's walk and we both have some muscle/tendon ailments but we finished in about 2 hours including roughly 25-30 minutes in rest stops.  I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I did for the other walk but the weather was great and lots of sunshine, including a little sunburn.  Thanks for the donations.  I focus less on fundraising for this walk because M does the MS150, a bike ride from Duluth to the Twin Cities and I concentrate fundraising for him, which benefits the same cause.  I'm sure I'll be writing a blog about that soon.

Me!
M and his half banana
An accordion band playing at one of the rest stops
Almost there...
Yay!

The beautiful scenery at the finish line
Minnehaha Falls--Do you remember what it looked like less than a month ago?  Take a look at pic #2 from the photo hunt 


3 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

WTG Dana and M!

Jamie said...

You guys are so good.

Laura said...

I admire you for doing so much to support the causes that are important to you! way to be Dana!!!