Saturday, April 17, 2010

Houlihan's with a bunch of Hooligans

M and I went out with Tanya and Chris on Friday night to Houlihan's in Maple Grove. I really like this restaurant and have been to Houlihan's a big handful of times in 3 different states...Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota. We had really good food and drinks and of course, good company. It was 2-for-1's so Tanya and I split the deal, each getting a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon, which was a big glass and got me buzzed and a massive headache.

We went back to T&C's where we hung out and talked and eventually I fell asleep. Everyone woke me up somewhere between 2-3 am to go home, forgetting my camera on the table.

T&C got back from their Dominican Republic honeymoon back in March and they gave us a gift from there. We got a set of different candles set in the shell of a coconut and a kit to make Mama Juana. No, Mama Juana, not marijuana. Mama Juana is a native drink of the island and apparently it's a very strong drink made with Dominican Rum and honey and it is aged a few days with tree bark and herbs. This might be the official potion of Vikings tailgating. After doing a little reading on this drink, some claim it to be like Viagra or an aphrodisiac. I won't report back about those claims.

The guys' faces after a Mama Juana shot

Cosmo's face after a shot....not really.



No comments: