Thursday, April 22, 2010

Target Field: Twins vs. Cleveland Indians

One of the best things I've done all year is ditching work on a Thursday afternoon and going to a Twins game. Ok, so it was planned time off at work but it doesn't sound as fun or deviant when I say that. M and I went to Target Field for our 2nd regular season game to see the match up against the Cleveland Indians. The day was perfect as it was sunny and warm enough to debut my Blyleven jersey. There was no place I'd rather be on Earth Day than the Greenest stadium in MLB. Every time the opposing team's batter's bat gets broken by a Twins pitcher, The Twins plant 100 trees in a Minnesota State Park, so it's only natural and perfect for Earth Day that one of the Indian's batter's bat's cracked and flew into the infield allowing for more trees to be planted in our fabulous state. Despite gorgeous weather, the Twins lost big time, 8-1. The loss stings a little bit less, hardly at all actually being that we get to enjoy baseball outdoors. It's still hard to believe that this stadium is ours!






Click on the next three pictures to enlarge. Look at the shadow of the pitcher in the next two pictures.

Is that a UFO next to the building? No, just a hot dog wrapper that sailed in the air forever
Click on the picture to see the skyline and field in M's glasses
This car was in the parking lot. It's a Chrysler New Yorker.


After the game, we got back home and took the motorcycle out for a ride, taking advantage of as much time as we could spend outside on our day off. We went to eat at Baja Sol and then stopped at my sister's for a surprise visit. Everyone loves it when people drop in unannounced, right? My nephew's were there and showed off a little bit on their bikes for us.

I asked both of them to pose and they both posed like they were dead or a zombie or something. I have no idea what they were doing but they were both on the same page.
They were acting out a crash for the camera.

Jamie and her baby bump

No comments: