Miike Snow has only been a band since 2007. They were formed in Sweden but the singer is American. When we went walked into the Varsity, both M and I were surprised to see that the place was pretty full. Miike Snow is not played on the radio locally, so it's always weird that everyone else discovered the same band you did with probably one of the same resources, the internet.
Delorean, a band from Spain opened up for Miike Snow and while we didn't catch their whole show, we did see a few songs and they seemed pretty good. When Miike Snow came on, they came out in these masks which would be comparable to what The Phantom of the Opera or Buckethead would wear. I felt like I was at a rave with the lights and the constant dry ice/smoke machine and the loud bass but it was a good show. I wish the vocals would have been louder and had a better mix with the rest of the music. Miike Snow has easily become one of my favorite bands in the last 6 months. M bought these tickets last fall and it was nice to finally be able to see them live. Please check out the videos below to get a taste of what their music is like. Learn to learn about me by listening to their music and watching the videos. These are two of my favorite songs by them. I would love to hear your feedback about their music. Below the videos are pictures from the night which did not turn out very well. It's always a chore trying to take pictures in a concert setting.
No comments:
Post a Comment