M and I went to the Minnesota Zoo on Sunday, August 15th to see The Black Crowes in concert. The MN Zoo has a concert series that runs all summer with all different national acts. Both M and I aren't that big into The Black Crowes but this is their 20th anniversary tour and they plan on taking a hiatus after the tour which I suppose means they may never tour again. When M and I were in Seattle, we walked past Chris Robinson, the lead singer of the band. We were pretty sure it was him but confirmed it when we looked in one of the papers and saw that they were in town playing that night. FYI...Chris Robinson is Kate Hudson's ex-husband.
The weather was perfect. It was the first day in a very long time this summer that was in the 70's during the day and in the 60's at night. I wore jeans and a long sleeved shirt to the show. The show started promptly at 8 pm with the following greeting from Chris Robinson, "Hello Twilight People of the Northland". For as many bands as I've seen in my life, I've never seen a band come on stage on time. We had 4th row tickets but they were way off on the side giving us somewhat of an obstructed view of the drummer and backup singers so my pictures were limited unless I moved around the amphitheater. The band played for a total of 90 minutes, which seemed really short considering the zoo curfew wasn't for another hour. I haven't kept that in touch with The Black Crowes music and haven't owned one of their CD's since I was in 8th grade. Both M and I didn't even know a song until one hour into the set, as a lot of them were long, jam sessions that blurred the lines of when a song started and ended. I think I only knew a three songs total. Despite that, it was still a very good show and probably the best summer venue for concerts.
1 comment:
I remember you telling me you had a concert to go to at the zoo and I don't think I ever asked who you were seeing. Now I know! :)
Post a Comment