So yesterday's post was about week one of the past two weeks and this about the second week and then I'll still have to write about this past Sunday to current. I'm getting there.
First off, I saw this license plate and immediately thought of my friend, Kristi and her blog since it's called Mi Vida Occupada. Mi vida means "My Life" and Occupada means "Busy" in Spanish. So Mi Vida Occupada means, you guessed it, My Busy Life.
Keeping with the Spanish/Hispanic theme, I went over to my sister's house for tacos last Thursday. She makes the best tacos and every once in a while she extends an invitation to me to come over and eat. Both Jamie and I are freaks when it comes to tacos. We love them. I ended up taking a bunch of pictures of my nephew posing with his chain wallet and his skull shoes that he's pretty proud of. My sister doesn't like it when he poses like this but I think he does it because of Justin Bieber or so I'm told. I'd actually have no idea. He loves Justin Bieber and his music and has his posters on the wall. So I told my nephew that I would post these pictures on my blog so he could see them. Keith, here you go.
My sister is pregnant and she's due well, I'm not sure when. She's 36 weeks right now and her original due date is September 15th. Soon I'll have another nephew. Until then, here's a couple of pictures of mom-to-be and Keith.
And a picture of Smoky
Last Friday, M and I and Bryan went out The Bulldog in LoTo St. Paul for some beer and food. Bryan is M's nephew and he's been staying with us for 2+ weeks. Bryan is the son of Cherrie, M's sister that passed away and he's been down here from St. Cloud to work on getting his driver's license. Bryan and his Uncle M have been going out to drive and practice certain driving skills almost every night that he's been here.
The Boys and their beer flights and solo beers
I'm not too fond of this picture of me but I like M in it
On Saturday night, the three of us watched the first Minnesota Vikings preseason game on TV against the St. Louis Rams. The Rams are a terrible team with a record of 1-15 last year so it doesn't mean much when the Vikings beat them 28-7. It's still nice to see a win, even though it's just preseason. We ate pulled pork sandwiches that made in the slow cooker and M made corn on the cob on the grill. Yum!
I forgot to mention in my last Random Schmandom post that after we went out to the cemetery and out to eat for Cherrie, M, Bryan and myself went to Tony Jaro's for Sara's birthday celebration. Thanks for the pictures, Debbie.
I also forgot to mention in my last Random Schmandom post that M and I went on Tuesday the 4th to an advance movie screening of The Other Guys. I won the tickets and wow, I could not believe how serious the security was. Because the movie wasn't be released for another two days, they checked everyone's bags/purses and you had to check your cell phone and camera at the door to be returned to you after the movie. I checked my cell phone but they missed seeing my camera in my purse so I didn't tell them it was in there. I had no reason to take photos or record the movie anyways, which is what they are afraid of. They even moved the hand-held metal detector wand-thingy over us. I thought the movie was definitely worth seeing for free but after watching it, I would pay to go see it if I hadn't already. There was one part that was so funny that I had tears running down my face from laughing. There were stupid parts too and the movie got a little long towards the end but if you are a Will Ferrell fan, you'll like it. And even if you're not, I think you'll still like it. Here's the trailer:


3 comments:
Keith and his poses... I forgot you saw that movie. Are we still on for tacos on Monday??? :)
LOL at those poses!! Those are too cute. Your nephew is adorable.
Those plates rock! How funny. Jamie looks great and your little nephew is getting so big too, he is so cute!
Post a Comment