Monday, August 9, 2010

Tilt-Shift Photography

At the beginning of June, Ang had a post on her blog showing off her Photoshop created tilt-shift photography techniques. The basic idea is to manipulate the photo to look like a miniature scene. I was amazed by this effect and did some research to find the best way to do this using Photoshop Elements. I loosely followed this tutorial. I spent hours the weekend after Ang originally posted about this and then haven't tried doing it since but I still thought I would show you my results to see what you thought of them. Click on each picture for further detail. All of these pictures were taken by me between 2006-2009.

Parking lot next to 35W

Overlooking Deadwood, South Dakota
View of Minneapolis
View of Minneapolis with St. Paul skyline in the background
Minnesota State Fair
Minnesota Vikings game
Texas State Fair

5 comments:

Ang said...

:)
I think they look pretty bomb Dana. Isn't funny how this same effect can look SO different from picture to picture? It really does help to have the downward angle on 'em.

Jamie said...

That is pretty cool! It makes some things not look real. I like.

Julie said...

Very cool!

Kristi said...

Cool! Just like you, I started messing with it after Ang posted also. I have a file of photos but just haven't gotten around to blogging about it yet. I cheated and did it through a website that pretty much does it for you, saved a lot of time vs teaching myself how to do it through Photoshop!

Xeno said...

Great looking photos Dana! I personally like the last one of your photos of the carnival!

The effect is really fun to play with and just as Ang said it creates quite different results based on the start image too. Fun that you found my tutorial as well :)