The week of August 1-6 was Minneapolis/St. Paul magazine's Restaurant Week. Participating restaurants offer prix fixe menus for discounted prices for lunch and dinner. One of the restaurants participating was Fogo de Chao, which both M and I love, however I've really wanted to take my dad there for the past year so I invited him to be our guest on August 5th and he obliged. It's an expensive place anyways, but the deal for the week was basically a discount of $17 a person plus it included a dessert so it roughly $25 off each person, which if you've been there, it's hard to pass up that discount. My dad really enjoyed it, which was the most important part for me. I forgot to take pictures of all of us but here's a picture of M's creme brulee.
My car hasn't been driving the best for the past couple of months and I brought it in back in June to be looked at and they determined nothing was wrong. Two months later, it still doesn't run the best so I brought to the dealership and once again, the diagnosis was nothing is wrong, but I'm the one that drives the car Monday through Friday at least 50 miles a day so I know when my car isn't running right. Long story short, nothings been fixed but I did buy some items at the store that I thought might help and it seems to be running slightly better. While my car was at the dealership for two days, I got to drive this thing.
It's a Nissan Cube and they are odd looking but it was kinda fun to drive temporarily. Underneath the dashboard at the driver's and passenger's feet are lights that change all different colors in the car. It even comes with a circular piece of carpet on the dash to put stuff on as it is very angled and you wouldn't be able to set anything down without sliding to the windshield.
Friday, August 6th was the two year anniversary of M's sister Cherrie passing away. As with last year, we met at the cemetery to say hi to Cherrie and then went out to eat at Friday's. M put a tribute to Cherrie in the paper again this year, this time a poem that he wrote and read for Cherrie when she was still alive. The night before she died M and I were over at her house along with other family members and we knew the end was very near. We said our goodbyes to her at 10 pm, giving her hugs and whispering in her ear, "Cherrie, it's ok to go now" as she lay sleeping as she had for the past three days with little consciousness or words. We got the call less than 6 hours later that she was no longer with us in body, but forever in spirit.
As for nature, there was a beautiful sunset but I was driving and I couldn't get a decent shot and this of course does no justice but maybe you can appreciate how pretty it was.
We also had a beautiful bird in our yard. I came home and drive into the driveway and saw something big and brownish sitting close in the grass but then realized it was big bird the closer I got. He flew into the tree way back in the yard so I quietly followed him so I could get some pictures without trying to disturb him too much. Does anyone know what kind of bird this is? Is it a falcon or a hawk? The last picture is blurry but you get an idea of how long is wingspan is. Remember to click on each picture to enlarge.
That's enough writing for now but I'll be back soon. Have a good Thursday!

2 comments:
Holy crap it's hard to find the difference online... based on pictures alone, it looks like you encountered a Red Tailed Hawk. The tail doesn't look red in your pictures, so I'm assuming it was young (or female?). Based on color patterns and beak and all the rest.. I feel confident that's what it is. Easily could be wrong.
I've always wondered the difference myself, so it was worth my time to look. Awesome capture and great photos!!
I've been waiting for you to post something! Lol. That's neat to run into that bird at home.
Post a Comment