Saturday, September 4, 2010

Mike and Tonia's Shower

It's almost been two weeks already since M and I went to my cousin Mike and his fiance Tonia's couple's wedding shower at my cousin John's house in Chisago.



We played a couple of games including the toilet paper bride game.  I think most girls who've been to a bridal shower before has played the game where you have a few toilet paper rolls, a team and limited amount of time to make the best wedding gown for your team.  We played that game but with guys there, it made the game a little more exciting.  There were 4 teams and my team included Michael, Terry, who is Tonia's mom, and Caitlyn, who is Tonia's Matron of Honor.

Here's the group of "Brides".  Both Mike and Tonia had to judge who was the best bride.  From left to right, the brides were described as the following by Mike and Tonia: Rosemary, Mike's grandma, looked like a zombie.  I looked like, well, a bride. Dennis, Mike's dad, looked like a ninja with broken ankles and then there's the other guy who took his shirt off for the contest.  Oh yeah, that other guy is my dad.

I never thought we'd ever have a picture like this....ever


But the design team, my mom and Mike's aunt, Mary, had enough style and a beautiful bride, my dad, to win the contest.  I do have to give huge props to my team for dressing me up like an actual bride! 


Mike and Tonia are getting married on Saturday, September 18th in north central Wisconsin and unfortunately, M and I will not be there, however, Mike and Tonia, congratulations and we wish nothing but the best for you both.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Oh Dad!!! LOL! This somehow does NOT surprise me :) Looks like fun, sorry we missed it.