Monday, October 4, 2010

Lazy Friday and Saturday

Friday:

The debut of October was also the debut of our monthly music playlist.  M and I got in our comfy clothes, lit some candles, cracked a bottle of Pinot Noir and turned on the music.  Instead of having a sit down dinner, we ate different cheeses and crackers and dipped bread in olive oil and seasonings.  This is one of our favorite things to do when it gets chilly out.

Saturday:

We went to Forest Lake to go to a benefit with Kim and Greg for M's friend dad, who is battling head and neck cancer, but has spread to his lymph nodes.  There's really no more treatment options for him and based on what the doctor's say, he will go fast, which estimates I heard were a month.  The good news is he is in no pain and seems to be in good spirits.  They had a spaghetti dinner and silent auctions at the benefit.  It was a good turnout so I hope they were able to raise a lot of money for him and his family.

After the benefit, we stopped at M's brother Ray's house where him and Dolly were babysitting M's niece, Cheri.  She's just over 13 months old and she can't walk yet, she can stand and balance on her feet and she hops all over the place on her knees.  She's even talking clearly and said the following while we were there: "Hi", "What's this?", and I think "Let me see it".  She's such a good baby.

 

No comments: