Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday Morning

Before football started at noon for the day last Sunday, we got on the bike and took a early morning ride. Once started, we realized quickly how cold it actually was but we were bundled up pretty good.  As with the day before, we had no destination in mind.  We ate a quick breakfast rode around the city we live in, Little Canada and around Lake Gervais. It was a hazy morning.

The house above is my favorite house on the lake

We rode around Lake Phalen and then visited my Grandma and Grandpa at Union Cemetery.  My grandpa died on October 6, 1985, marking the 25th anniversary of his death so I wanted to go to the cemetery that same week. I had remembered on this past Wednesday the 6th that it was the anniversary of his death but that same morning my friend Chris told me that his grandpa had passed away that morning so both of our grandpa's died the same day, 25 years apart.  While at the cemetery, I of course paid visit to my grandma and Aunt Irene too.


Eventually we made our way over by my living Gramma and Grandpa's house in Oakdale.  They moved there the last day of July and I hadn't even seen their new place until that day.  I had told them we were just visiting the cemetery and my grandpa joked saying that he had purchased some property there.  I don't want the day to come any time soon when they'll go but it is nice that all my G-parents will be in the same cemetery. 

We headed back just a little late for the start of football but plopped ourselves down on the couch for the day and relaxed watching a beautiful weekend come to a close.  

No comments: