Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Playoffs- Twins vs. Yankees Game 2 ALDS

Last night M and I went to a local bar and watched game 1 on TV.  The game started out great and the Twins were leading the Yankees 3-0 before it all went downhill and we eventually ended up losing 6-4.

Tonight we were able to go to the game 2 (can you believe I'm blogging in real time?!) and obviously we were hoping for a different result than game 1, but that didn't happen.  The Twins lost again to the stupid Yankees 5-2.  Despite the loss, it was still fun to be at a playoff game at Target Field.  We had different seats than my season ticket package and it was the first time that we were able to sit on the lower level (foul ball territory over by right field) but it was different not being able to see the skyline from the seats, which I really missed.  One thing we couldn't complain about was the weather. It was in the low to mid 70's and we took the motorcycle down to the game and it was more than perfect for October.  I wore my jersey with a long sleeved tee under it but I didn't even need it.

Now it's looking very grim for the Twins as we head to New York and the Yanks only have to win one more game to take the series.  Good luck to you on Saturday night, Twins.











2 comments:

Jamie said...

Really wish it was a better outcome :( I like your pictures and I'm sure it was cool to be there and a quiet walk to the motorcycle.

John said...

I wish I would have known you two were there! Jen and I were sitting one level up from you it looks like. It was definitely a bummer about the game, but fun to be there that's for sure.