I've been to the zoo two times this summer but not for the animals. A week ago last Friday M and I went to the Minnesota Zoo to see our final concert of the summer, Jeremy Messersmith. The zoo is the perfect outdoor summer venue. The capacity is around 1,500 and every seat is great. We bought tix back in the spring and I'd been looking forward to this concert ever since. The weather was perfect with just a quick passing shower before the show and the music was even more perfect. Rogue Valley, another local artist opened up for Jeremy and I was excited to see them also. They were good but I can't say I like all of their music. They are very talented musicians though and I love to support good local music. Jeremy came on stage and he was fantastic, as always. It was hard to get good pictures of him as his face was directly in a spotlight and washed him out. The last song was a cover of David Bowie's "Starman" and Rogue Valley came out to join Jeremy and his band. It was a fantastic collaboration. If you ever get a chance to see him, you should!

 |
| Michael and I sitting in the grass waiting for the concert to start |
 |
| Rogue Valley against the beautiful backdrop of the zoo grounds |
3 comments:
ugh - can you PLEASE call Steve and tell him to take me to the damn zoo!? We've been talking about it for the past 2 summers.. and now this summer is almost over. lame-sauce!
how fun!! I love going to the zoo to see the animals =) I'm trying to convince the husband to take me when it gets cooler out =)
Looks like you guys had fun.
Post a Comment